Release date: October 24, 2010
Massimo and Julia answer listeners' questions. In this installment the topics include: can political discourse be rational, who changed M&J's opinion on something and when have they changed someone's opinion, how do they guard against biases when they debate people, the morality of bestiality, and did Samir Okasha really solve the induction problem?
Plus, M&J's favorite sources for philosophy:
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- An Enquiry concerning Human Understanding by David Hume
- Language, Truth, and Logic by Alfred Jules Ayer
- Mortal Questions byThomas Nagel
- Practical Ethics by Peter Singer
Comment on the episode teaser.